There are 158 lampposts and utility poles in the 12 block project area, and each one needs a handmade cozy! To participate, fill out the registration form and follow all instructions.
Skill Level | If you know how to knit, crochet, weave or quilt a rectangle, you have the skills for this project. The cozies will be zip-tied, sewn and/or safety-pinned to the lampposts.
Cozy Size | Since the lampposts vary in width and some have signs attached, not all cozies will be the same size. But fear not, all of the lampposts have been mapped and measured! After you register, you will be assigned a particular lamppost and given the dimensions for your cozy. For reference, the average cozy size is 24″x 54.”
Credit | Each cozy will have a laminated “Made By” label, and the cozy makers will be listed on the project website along with a picture of their creation.
Cozy Rules and Suggestions:
- The cozy must be crocheted, knit, woven or quilted out of flexible, natural or man-made material. Yarn and cloth prefered.
- Bright colors are encouraged
- The design may NOT include words, licensed logos, political or religious symbols.
- The cozies must be approved by Rage to Order and a St Paul city official in order to be included in the installation
- Each cozy will be labeled with the name of the maker and the lamppost sponsor
Contact | email@example.com