Saint Paul Cozy is a community-sourced, yarn-bombing project that aims to bring color and cheer to Downtown St. Paul. The project involves wrapping 158 city lampposts in hand-made cozies. The cozies will be installed along 4th Street from Rice Park to CHS prior to the 2018 St. Paul Winter Carnival.
- Exhibit Dates: Jan 25 – March 4, 2018
- Scope: 12 city blocks, 158 Lampposts
- Location: Downtown St. Paul on 4th Street from CHS Field to Rice Park.
- Installation & Maintenance: The cozies will be sewn and/or zip-tied to the lampposts, and laminated “Made By” labels will be attached to the cozies. The installation will be checked bi-weekly to ensure that it remains neat and clean.
- Cozy Rules:
- The cozy must be crocheted, knit, woven or quilted out of flexible, natural or man-made material.
- Bright colors are encouraged.
- The design may not include words, licensed logos, political or religious symbols.
- Participants will be assigned a lamppost and given the dimensions when they register.
- The cozies will be inspect by project coordinators and a city official before installation.
- Each cozy will be labeled with the name of the maker and the lamppost sponsor.
- Community Building: St. Paul Cozy coordinators will host bi-weekly “Meet and Make” sessions at St. Paul coffee shops, libraries and community centers for participants would like to socialize while they work. Artists and crafters from greater MN are encouraged to participate through online platforms and to organize local “Meet and Makes.”